CoMedia T1 ServicesCoMedia integrated circuit packages include:
- Local and Long distance Voice
- Unlimited site to site calling between your CoMedia managed locations
- Dedicated Internet access
- Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation, which increases Internet access speeds, while voice traffic always takes priority for maximum call quality.
- Call Forwarding
- 3-Way Calling
- Call Hold, Pick-up and Transfer
- Caller ID Name and Number
- Direct Inward Dialing extensions (DIDs)
An Integrated T1 is a Dedicated T1 Line that shares Internet and Voice on the same T1 circuit. The 24 channels can be split up as phone lines and for internet use. When used for Internet Access, each channel is 64K max speed. The more channels used for Internet, the faster the internet will be. Integrated T1 is like Dedicated Voice Service in the respect that it uses the Dedicated T1 line. The difference is that in a Dedicated Voice T1 all the channels are used for Voice - whereas in an Integrated T1 line, some channels are used for Internet and the others are used for phone service. It is possible to have, for example, half of the channels used for phone lines and the other half used for Internet. Each channel can fill up to 64K of Internet Access, so that if your Integrated T1 is half voice and half internet, you would end up with 12 phone lines and 12 internet channels (64x12=768K internet bandwidth). Generally the Integrated T1 was created to save money. Therefore an office need not have to buy a Voice T1 and also a Internet T1 seperately, they can get it all on one line and spend half the money.